Tech Tip - Emailing Work Orders from Antero
February 22, 2017
Would you like way to distribute work orders in Antero without having to use so much paper and ink? Do you have employees who can access email on their mobile devices?
In the latest version of Antero you can email your employees work orders and if they have access to their email accounts on a mobile device they can open and view work orders on the go.
First, set-up your SMTP email in Antero
- File Tab, select ‘Open Databases’ then highlight your database in the list and select the Database Properties Icon.
- Next, navigate to the SMTP email setup. You may need the assistance of your IT department to populate the required information.
You will need to know: a. outgoing mail server, b. default port number, email account information; this will be the default email account Antero references as the Return Address, and your Server Authentication, if a Login and Password are required.
Next, add email addresses for your employees
- Navigate to the ‘Tools’ tab in the application ribbon and select your ‘Lists’ icon.
- Select ‘Employee Detail’ from the information tree on the left and be sure to add email addresses for all the necessary employees
Finally, email your work orders
- Now you are ready to email work orders in Antero. In the ‘Open’ work order section you will see an email icon above the AllMax Grid, select that icon to email open work orders.
When creating work orders you will also have the option to email, print, or send newly created work orders to a DataPort from the Produce window.
This article has been published as part of the AllMax Software Tech Tips Series. If you have any questions about this topic, or need any assistance with your software, please contact us at 800-670-1867 or use the Contact Us form on this website.